Friday, January 30, 2009

I wish I could find a fucking excuse.


I have been into swamp thing for a long time now, but sice the release of In Shame, I have now officially been addicted to their music. THis album features a more personal set of lyrics, involving pieces of shit, motherfuckers, the bastard they call God and leeches. It hits at a personal level too, If i am feeling like shit, and its because of the people around me, i just pop this bad boy on and prepare for the worst.

In comparison to the youth is sick, this album, i find is definitely faster and more angry. The guitars are definitely heavy as shit, but more fine tuned. I mean, the rhythm seems perfected on all of the songs and there seems to the perfect harmony between both guitars.

I purely enjoy the drums on this record, not too fast, not too slow, but that perfect speed. They definitely power through the guitars, which is a good thing, because on some other albums, not swamp thing's i have a hrd time hearing the drums over every other instrument.

Listen to every song on this album, it is unreal.

No comments: