Monday, March 1, 2010

Justice from Trapped Under ice


I got the opportunity to have a super quick interview with Justice from TUI before they head out on tour with Polar Bear Club, Four Year Strong and Every Time I Die.

So many different bands, different Genres and problems getting along with those guys? [Four Year Strong, Polar Bear Club, Every Time I Die]


We've toured with polar bear club before and we really get along with and really like those guys. A few weeks ago we got stuck in Detroit for a few days because of snow. We went to a four year strong show and got to meet those guys. They seem great. I think all bands on the bill look forward to playing with different kinds of bands.


You guys have come and developed a lot from The demo? Any single thing or person you credit your success to?


You can't credit one person or thing for the success of a band. It's a lot of work from everyone in our band, Reaper records, and lots of other bands who help us out.



Where do you find the inspiration to write your lyrics?


My life and surroundings




How did you get introduced into the hardcore scene? And how did TUI come about?


I got introduced to hardcore very young. I liked punk rock music and went to some bigger punk shows with friends. My first hardcore show was hatebreed and death threat. I started jamming around with different groups of people around the area. Sam and me had a straight edge band called nick fury. After that, we started trapped under ice.


Favorite band that you have toured with?


We all really get along with terror, rise and fall, and cruel hand. Musically, we were lucky enough to do a bunch of dates with madball on the 10 for 10 tour last summer.



Favorite up and coming band that you are listening to or think people should get into?


Naysayer and backtrack both are making great music and touring relentlessly. Also product of waste is one of my favorites. They're going to be hitting the road strong this summer. From the Baltimore area there is mindset and a much newer band called sacred love that i would keep an eye out for.



Best story that you can think of that happened on tour?


When we stayed with Tim from foundation and played with his bull terrier. They're my favorite kind of dog in the world!!



Any closing words or shout outs?


Reaper records

No comments: