Sunday, December 21, 2008

More Canadian music, get happy!



I just discovered The New Enemy maybe a week ago, and they are one of my favorite bands to listen to when I am bummed about going to work, which is always.
Outsourced, they're new EP packed full of energy and aggression. Surprisingly, i found a large amount of melodies included in the tracks. One wouldn't think harmonies would come into play on a Toronto based Punk Band's Ep, but low and behold, it does. Fast paced rhythm guitar accompanied by overlayed harmonies add to the originality of the EP.
Some of the guitar parts reminded me off of something I would hear on a NEw Found Glory Record, but with Vocals more for those into hardcore. Not that I'm dissing NFG, but I found myself getting right into the EP, rather than skipping tracks on NEW Found Glaory CD's to get to the good songs.

Absolutely amazing and well worth the listen.

Did I mention it's free to download?
myspace.com/thenewenemy
you will find the link to the album there, it is a mediafire download.

1 comment:

U2 said...

http://www.thenewenemy.net/2009/10/15/download-shakedown-ep/

2nd EP.